Challah cover

I’m still thinking about how to proceed with this first TIF challenge. I want to combine needlework with a cooking theme. The major challenge, I think, is keeping this to a project that I can finish by the end of the month. In the meantime, I’m going to post some images of past project.

This is a challah (bread) cover I did a few years ago.

This started as a Hardanger sampler, but I couldn’t stick to the instructions. I added some lacing with silver cord, and some pulled stitches. The edging is hand sewn (yes, that much buttonhole stitch is very tedious). As a challah cover, it is actually a bit narrower than I’d like.  Here’s a detail:

Advertisements

One response to “Challah cover

  1. Nice work. I have yet to be brave enough to try my hand at Hardanger embroidery.
    Karen B.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s